Friday 12 January 2018

The Podium Bag

This year I joined the Bog of the Month club with the intention of stretching my sewing abilities.  Well, the podium bag did just that.


This is the back of the bag, showing the lovely Cotton + Steel Hedgehog fabric I decided to use.


The front view shows the Vinyl I used.  It was my first time sewing with vinyl, so there was a bit of a learning curve.  My machine did struggle a little with sewing the multiple layers on the flap portion.  I think in the future I will stick with cork of fabric for my bags.


I really do love this hedgehog fabric!  There was an option to put decorative work on the vinyl overlay, but I felt I had had enough fun working with the vinyl already.  I used batik fabric for the lining and it was a dream to work with.  Chris has a couple of great ideas in her pattern for the bag.  At the back there is a hidden pocket on the outside for your phone.  The inside includes a zipped pocket that is used to turn the entire bag right side out.  This makes for a much neater finish on the top edge of the bag.

The Bag of the Month Club is an adventure I'm sure I will enjoy!

Linking up with Finish it up Friday.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely bag Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! My LQS is starting a bag of the month class. I'm tempted to join in for a few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable fabric. It is so awesome on the bag fab bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finishing details! Best of luck on your Bag of the Month Club. Looking forward to seeing what comes next!

    ReplyDelete