Friday 8 September 2017

September.......Where did summer go?

It is hard to believe that we are into September already!  Even though this summer was one of the hottest on record, it wasn't the most enjoyable.  Fires, smoke and all the evacuation orders dominated most of our thoughts for the last two months.  Not that we are done with all that yet.  I hate to say it but please let it rain soon.


First up today is a quilt that I made just after Spring Market.  The fabric is Fig Tree's Hazel & Plum.  It will be released in stores this fall.  Most Fig Tree quilts are made with a cream background.  I wanted something a little different so I went with a grey Grunge.  I like it so much that even though I made this quilt for Trend-Tex, I'm about to make another one just like it for myself.


Have you seen the "Dream Big" panels by Hoffman.  They really have perfected the digital panels.  Every time I'm asked to make something from their panels, I get very excited.  I'm just finishing up their latest Call of the Wild panels but you will have to wait a bit to see them.

If you are in the Kamloops area this month you must check out the FAN (Fibre Art Network) display at the Old Courthouse Cultural Centre at 7 Seymour St. W.  It is open Tuesday through Friday 10am - 5pm and Saturday from 10am - 4pm.  The display is on now until September 30 with an artist reception on the 30th, 2 - 4pm.  Admission is by donation.

Linking up with Finish it up Friday!

1 comment: