Thursday 12 November 2015

Dapper


This week's quilt is made from Luke Hayne's cotton line "Dapper!"  A little tidbit I neglected to mention about Luke is that he is a great dancer.  He danced up a storm at the Moda party.


The line has twenty three pieces, making it perfect for the pattern "Messages" from the book Fabric Play by Deane Moore.


The quilting is fairly simple.  There was a tight time frame on this one, so it just had to be done.


Today I was teaching a Modern Sampler class in Armstrong.  The participants were delightfully willing to experiment with their blocks.  The result of their first block is above.  They all started with the same basic units, played with them, and came up with a design they liked.  My original post on making this block is here.


2 comments:

  1. I think Katja ordered that whole line! It will be nice to have some woven back in.
    Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to enlarge the photos so I could see the details on the prints, super cool!

    ReplyDelete