Wednesday 17 July 2013

A Trip Around My World

I finally finished my scrappy trip around the world quilt.  I took it to the garden to get a picture on Saturday, and then though, why not show you what I was up to for the day.


My pond is still one of my favourite places to hang out.  The quilt just fit right in with all the bright flowers.


After the flowers were all watered, it was time to hop on the Mountain Bikes.  Doug and I road from our house up Batchelor to the grasslands that overlook my house. This is a great vantage point to look down on my neighbourhood.


From the same vantage point the lake is just to the right.  The weather has been a little wet, so the mountains still have a hint of green.  Quite unusual for this time of year.


After a quick shower, it was off to the ball field to watch a friend's son pitch for the Sun Devils. I've been trying all year to make it to a game that he was actually pitching in.  Finally made it.


You knew that a little quilting had to be involved.  I stopped off at a friends with a few of my orphan blocks that she had agreed to give a home to.  They will look great with her Harley fabric.

The day ended with a wonderful meal at the Halston Pub with some great friends.  The ball team was having a fun raiser and it was the perfect excuse to get out.  Hope you all managed to fit some fun activities into your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. What a great scrappy trip! Are your bins empty? LOL
    HOw big did it end up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "trips" is beautiful. Love the lay out. Fab garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy day! Your scrappy trips is fabulous, and your orphan blocks perfectly set off the Harley fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo of the quilt in the garden. It looks great.
    Love seeing pictures of the area in which you live.

    ReplyDelete