Wednesday 23 January 2013

Noteworthy meets "Simply Fat Quarters"


I could hardly wait to play with the new Noteworthy fabric by Sweetwater.


I finished up the quilt and rushed outside to get a picture before it starts snowing later today.  I love the softness of the fabrics and the writing on the background fabric is delightful.  The writing is a list of to do things, some of which are on my to do list.  Too much fun!


The pattern is the Poppy pattern from "Simply Fat Quarters."  The book has a lot of wonderful ideas that work with fat quarters or larger scraps that you might have laying around just waiting to be used.



The quilting in the book outlined the block.  I didn't want to put that much quilting over the background fabric.  I made petals in the block and then kept the quilting simple in the background and border.  Mine is certainly not a poppy, and ideas as to what kind of flower it looks like?


I scooped this picture to show what the blocks look like done in a little darker fabric and with borders as planned in the book.  A wonderful little pattern to play with!

9 comments:

  1. mmm may just have to check out that book x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilt and lovely quilting too . Looks like a geat book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so fast Linda. The line is very pretty. I snagged myself a jelly roll ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beauty. I love it with the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your version and the quilting is awesome, as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!!!! I like the fabrics. I usually gravitate toward the darker palette. Those flowers remind me of clematis. The quilting especially. That book looks like a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super awesome quilting! I love your motif choices.

    ReplyDelete