Sunday 10 July 2011

Quilting Is A Gift You Give Yourself

Quilting gives me so much joy.  In this hectic life that we all lead, it is wonderful to take time with our families, friends, and our hobbies.  The following picture is of a little quilt from Applepatch designs.  The saying above the quilt was a gift from Terry.  She saw it in a quilt store in her travels and thought of me.  The wool is from Sharon.  It is from her own sheep (Shirley.)  Sharon spun and knit if for me.  Thanks to both Terry and Sharon for your kindness.  This quilt hangs in my living room and reminds me every day of what wonderful friends I have.


I do occasionally take time to knit a little.  Twist of Fate yarn shop is closing and has some wonderful deals on yarn.  I picked up these two beauties on Friday.  I might have to go back before the last day at the end of the month.


Of course I have done a little quilting this week.  I have just finished quilting a Sampler quilt for a friend.  I have quilted a few of these, so to mix things up, I played a little in the blocks.  The light in the log cabin was screaming for a feather, so I had to oblige.






Have a great day and remember to give yourself the gift of time to do something you really want to do!

1 comment: